Sunday, February 28, 2010

little blooms of sanguinity



One of my most favorite things about the spring is its optimism. The second is ranunculus. Though I’m sure there are differing opinions out there, I find ranunculus to be one of the most spectacular flowers ever. It seems rather fitting that they are only available in the cool spring months, especially in Oregon when things are occasionally a little bleak this time of year… they are little blooms of sanguinity. Nothing will snap you out of a seasonal depression faster than the blooms of a ranunculus. It’s no secret that I have been in a post Christmas, post-application, seasonal funk for roughly the last two months… and though I know the arrival of ranunculus at the nursery this week are not the sole reason for my slightly more optimistic frame of mind they certainly help! 
 

 

As a full time event coordinator, and as a woman, I have devoted a fleeting thought or two to the planning of my wedding… and ranunculus have played a major role in that fantasy. The fact that they are a cool spring time flower of course greatly conflicts with the plan of having an outdoor summer soiree… but I try not to dwell on the logistics…lord knows I will not be getting married anytime in the near future. Maybe in the meantime, I will gift one to myself as a housewarming present. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment