Thursday, December 10, 2009

'Tis the season


….to be sicky. Yes it is that time of year where colds are running ramped, and despite my best efforts to avoid sickness this year, one still caught up with me.  Hello Emergen-C! It is supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year, not the sickest! Thankfully I’ve had my flu shots, but I guess that gave me a false sense of hope… I will admit I’ve been a little less frequent with the hand sanitizer since I got my H1N1 immunization…. Silly me. On the bright side, it’s a cold and not strep throat. My tonsils seem to be a sucker for strep, so any time I start to feel a little under the weather I break out my family sized bottle of hydrogen peroxide and start gargling like there is no tomorrow. Fortunately this seems to be living in my sinuses, which is more annoying than anything else. Dripping, congestion, and plugged ears are not my favorite things, but I will settle for them if strep is the alternative.  Thankfully, I live across the street from the organic grocery store, so my first act was to stock up on Throat comfort tea, Echinacea, and homeopathic cold medicine.  Oscillococcinum is probably one of my favorite discoveries of this year.

                                                                           Photo courtesy of www.boironusa.com
I guess on the bright side of things, if I’m going to be home sick, I’m glad it is during the coldest week we’ve had this year. As if I wasn’t already looking for an excuse curl up on the couch with a cup of hot tea and a good book…


No comments:

Post a Comment