Friday, October 1, 2010

It happens...

So I've been failing at Blogging lately...But I've come to terms with it, and am actually giving myself permission to not feel guilty. I feel like I'm juggling a lot right now, work is hectic, I'm behind in my yoga hours, I'm attempting to have a personal life, and at the end of the day there isn't enough time to be the best at my job and be the best version of myself and get everything else done in a timely fashion... and so blogging has fallen to the bottom of the list. It's not permanent, and I'm not proud of it, but such is life. You try your hardest, and start over tomorrow. I still have ideas I want to write about, I'm still passionate about things, I'm still having a love affair with poetry, and I'm still trying to find some balance. I know there are always excuses, always distractions... but sometimes life just happens and you have to go where it takes you... Especially in my work life I feel like I've taken on too many projects, and rather than doing a few of them very successfully, I'm doing all of them rather poorly... This can be applied to a lot of things outside of the work realm too. And so I'm allowing myself some time off, just until I find my footing and feel more like myself.

And I think it's working... some of the distractions are good, others not so much... but I think a little time off is just what I need emotionally to feed my creativity down the road. So I'm collecting thoughts and ideas here and there, meeting new people, knitting a few projects, and embracing the change of pace that comes with Fall.

1 comment:

  1. Well I'm not a fan of this new found balance... more blogging less personal life please...

    ReplyDelete