Saturday, December 10, 2011

Maybe it's working...


I’m working late tonight… which is actually sort of a sigh of relief… Event nights mean I get a little bit of time to play catch up… so while the dog is napping, e-mails are being replied too, finishing touches are going on the holiday cards… schedules are being planned out, classes are being choreographed… and I am uninhibited by the clutter of home and the feelings of “well I should be scrubbing the tub right now.” (ok, maybe I should be worrying about “working” but the event is going swimmingly…)

Just when I think I’ve over-committed, work actually becomes a place of repose… my bosses are out of town, my projects are up to date… the event upstairs is running itself… and I’m celebrating the end of another 40-hour work week.

As the month rolls on, and the holidays approach, I’m really realizing how blessed I am with my life. I have bouts of loneliness from time to time, and the normal everyday stresses and worries… but essentially I’m living my dream, and I’m only 26. For the longest time for me “making it” meant getting a bulldog, teaching yoga, and writing…. And here I am, baby bulldog in tow, teaching yoga two different places, and writing this blog. It isn’t everything, but it’s something, and I’m really happy doing it.

Somehow my life is nothing I thought it would be, and everything I thought it would be at the same time… I am definitely having some new adventures and experiences… I taught my first class at the new studio this morning, and I was so energized, and inspired. It is such a beautiful space, and I finally feel re-connected to a community. In the past seven days, I’ve taken six classes, and taught three, and I honestly feel like I cannot get enough yoga in my life right now.  I’m also doing things I never thought I would be doing like shopping online for baby clothes (not for me, for my niece!)  and researching things like “How to keep a bulldog’s tail pocket clean and happy” (no joke… ) I’m trying to juggle having a life in there somewhere, and I think it is mostly working… Mostly. I joined a monthly wine tasting group, I went to a holiday party last night with friends… I’m penciling in dinners and karaoke happy hours…lining up yoga retreats, and booking vacations.   I’m still missing coming home to a special someone,(besides Toby, obviously)  but I’m trusting, and letting it go (really trying to).  My dad has been encouraging me to think about all the positive things in my life before I go to sleep at night… maybe it’s working. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment