Monday, March 28, 2011

a simple monday lunch.

I'm spending most of my day today unpacking and starting to put the finishing touches on my apartment. I feel as though I've been in "moving mode" forever, and am getting to the point where I just want to be settled... onto bigger and better things like planting my garden, and throwing house-warming parties... If only. But in the meantime I am being diligent, taking things one box at a time, and trusting that in the next few days it will start to feel more like home and less like a featured home on Hoarders. (kidding... I don't have THAT much stuff).

Today as I broke for lunch, I was craving something warm and hearty, filling and comforting... and not something from a drive-through window. Thankfully my parent's fully equipped kitchen is close by, and they have been wonderfully supportive during the moving process (as well as all the time). I opened up the fridge, and saw all the key ingredients for everything I was craving, a savory lunch  time hash.  Tucked into the fridge was half of a baked potato, 3 spears of asparagus, farm fresh eggs, and two veggie-links...

Ok I know vegetarian hot dogs are slightly gross... but I've been eating them since before I knew enough about food to question fake meat from a can... I know I grew up eating things that were slightly different from other kids, and frankly, I think I'm better off for it. I was the little kid in my stroller parks eating broccoli crowns rather than fruit snacks. I can't help it if veggie-links pretty much taste like my childhood.. So I'm not as grossed out by fake meat as maybe I should be...

It was such a simple lunch. A little green onion in a hot pan, chunks of potato, bits of asparagus, salt pepper, eggs whipped into a golden liquid. It was savory, and warm, and comforting, and everything that I needed in a lunch today... Now if only my favorite coffee shop wasn't so far out of the way, then I'd really be motivated to continue on with my nesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment