Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Because Toby Needs a mustache toy.

Ok,

Not to go all “pet mom crazy” on you (it’s sort of where I am right now, you can deal with it) but there is this huge part of me that thinks I need a dog registry. I thought this was a humorous idea, until I realized there are actually some pretty terrifying websites out there that offer this very thing, and they are all for the high maintenance people who actually throw birthday parties for their dogs, and want their guests to bring the perfect gift (I’m not even kidding!) 

I would like to approach the registry from the direction of A) I do not want real children, and B) I am on a fixed income… and let’s face it, how is registering for a baby really that much different than registering for a dog? (my dog baby) You can ask your friends to buy you onesies, car seats, those weird diaper genie things, shoes a baby grows out of in like a day… and people do this glady. They throw you showers, and make finger foods, and play weird games, and they buy you lots of random stuff.  Not that I need a hand-out, but really, in the days where having children isn’t automatically the norm, why is it so ridiculous to think that having a pet registry is a terrible idea? How is putting money towards a kennel, or a Martha Stewart Pet bowl any different than forking out money for a stroller, or outfits for babies?  Just think about it.

Were I really to create a registry for Toby, here are a few things that would be on it.




Obviously he needs this mustache ball! Come on!




This Artichoke chew toy is perfect for the dog with a foodie owner. Also it gives the dog vitamins, and you can hide treats inside! And its cute. (they also have a strawberry & eggplant version)



Once again, a treat toy, and its perfect for a Dog who is a Red Sox Fan.
(the baseball, not the pug)




Love this Martha Stewart Bowl!  It has a lid, so you can travel with it! Perfect for the dog who will be packing a lunch to the office.




A baby-gate. Any kind would do.  (ok 2 baby gates) to keep him in the nook while I’m cooking dinner, or getting ready in the morning… I don’t want to put him in the crate all the time, but I also don’t want him to have free reign of my house.



A Kiddie Pool. It's August... and though in Oregon we are still waiting for the heat, I'm optimistic it will come. And I don't have AC, so Toby needs a pool. 

He already has a little Kong, but just like baby-shoes.... dogs outgrow their toys



Because, why would you not get your dog a Dental Dinosaur?


2 comments:

  1. Lordy, you are in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mustache toy is the coolest thing I have ever seen. period.

    ReplyDelete