Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Nap-time Multi-tasking


The last week has turned me into a super multi-tasker… not that I wasn’t before. I am constantly trying to do a million things at once, hardly ever sit down to eat (at least not when I’m home) and when I’m on the computer I have at least 4 different windows and applications open… and then I got a puppy. 

Life with Toby is great… but it really is like chasing a two year old around all the time.  I have no children, but after leaving Toby with my parents over the weekend on my 12 hour work days, they quickly informed me, that having Toby around was worse than having an infant. Probably because infants you diaper, and put in a crib, and they are completely immobile. Puppies on the other hand, are constantly moving, not house-trained, and put EVERYTHING in their mouths… there are no breaks, there are no “oh I’ll just go in the other room for a second”… but there are still messes, feedings, late night trips outside… So yeah… I’m feeling a little bit like a frazzled mommy. But we are working on it. I definetly am ready for a glass of wine in the evening, and I think it goes really well with training time. But already, I’ve had him a week, and he knows how to sit, lay down, shake, high-five, and we are still working on “leave it”.

That being said, I have learned that Nap-time is my window of opportunity… My opportunity to hang onto my sanity, and get some personal things done/ personal time.  Today I watered the plants, did laundry, harvested my garden, ran to the grocery store, did the dishes, answered work e-mails, made phone calls, ate lunch, made coffee, took some pictures, etc. all during naptime. Of course, by the time he wakes up, I’m pretty exhausted and feel like I too, need nap time… but we are working on our schedules.  Of course, right now, I’m frustrated because I have been waiting for my neighbors to take their stuff out of the community washing machine for the last 3 hours… and now that I finally have a window of opportunity, Toby just peed on his bed (not the one he really sleeps on, just the one he plays on)… guess I won’t be doing my dark load next… maybe during the next nap-time…


No comments:

Post a Comment